Cobie Smulders Confirms She'll Appear in 'The Avengers: Age of Ultron'

Leave a Comment

When it comes to The Avengers: Age of Ultron, it's a guarantee that the superhero ensemble will return to action. However, when it comes to supporting characters like certain agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., we're not as sure. It's pretty much a guarantee that Samuel L. Jackson will be back as Nick Fury since he confirmed Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch (along with Aaron Taylor-Johnson as her brother Quicksilver), but since Clark Gregg is situated as one of the leads on ABC's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," we're not sure if he'll be back. However, one agent definitely returning is Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill, Deputy Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Speaking with the Calgary Herald (via ComingSoon) Smulders said:
I think I’m in 'Avengers 2,' but it is very top secret. I hope I’m in Avengers 2. I didn’t get my invitation yet. Well, actually, they know I’m in it but they don’t know to what degree I’m in it.
I am really excited to read the script because they are introducing Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch into the Avengers universe and the bad guy is going to be very interesting.
Smulders will be seen back in the Marvel universe before that sequel arrives though since she pops up in Captain America: The Winter Soldier next April. Fans who watch "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." know that she was in the pilot of the new series, and she knows something secret about Agent Coulson's remarkable recovery following the attack on Manhattan that they will never tell him about. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how Hill deals with the ramifications of Robert Redford's executive role at S.H.I.E.L.D. and apparent fear mongering, especially knowing how uneasy she was with some of Nick Fury's decisions. Stay tuned.

0 comments: